Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Wink How to achieve better success with sick

1. Preparation

Before even launching sick, you have to do one most important thing in internet marketing, which will determine, if you will be able to achieve success (make money with your idea in other words) or you will just waste your time - keyword research. This topic is endless and almost every time it causes a huge (mostly aggressive) discussions, which includes such points as ''what is the best research tool?'', but I will just try to make it as concrete (and impartial as possible):

1) Harvest a huge amount of keywords, which are related to your niche

-Cheap way: Use Google keyword tool (Google AdWords: Keyword Tool) and then try to add more similar keywords by yourself or with a free keywords scraping tools on the internet.

- Better way: - use special software to harvest many related keywords. The most popular methods is ''Google wonder wheel scraper'' and ''Long tail keywords scraping''. Personally I use this tool (Order Keyword Ninja) it cost me $22 (WSO offer) and I like it because it is server based, this means, you can upload it to your shared hosting and don't have to use your own PC resources for this task, moreover, developer sent a free server side based wonder wheel scraper for all buyers of this tool, so I think is a good value purchase. For whose, who want alternatives, I can recommend a scrapebox (discount link, $57 instead of $99 - BHW - ScrapeBox). With this tool you will be able to do both - scrape relevant keywords with included google wonder wheel scraper and harvest url's for your own sick packages (I will write about it more detailed later on).

2) Filter bad keywords and get best optimized keywords. If you are new to SEO, I highly recommend to spend a few days and watch these videos Noble Samurai - Dojo (even if you are not planning to but or use MarketSamurai tool) as I learned a lot from these videos and all tutorials are really ''newbie friendly. I had experience with a lot of different SEO analyses tools, but I found out that ''Market Samurai'' gives me the most accurate results (you can disagree with me, but I don't want to start aggressive discussion, so, again, it is just my own opinion) , so I recommend to use it (keyword research module is free and you will be able to use it, even then your trial will expire, however I can recommend to buy this software during the trial period, as you will get a discount link to your email, which will be valid during the trial period ($97 instead of regular $149 price).

A good primary keyword (in my own opinion):

- Competition is lower than ~100 000
    - SEOT at least 300
    - It is possible to reach TOP5 (most of the first page websited are new or not well optimized or you see ''grands'', such as ''youtube'', ''ezine articles'' and so on, but they are in the first page due to their primary domain authority, not the page itself (not much backlinks to the concrete ranking page)

You probably will get not only a one, but ~10-20 relatively good keywords, so my recommendation would be to take the keyword with highest SEOT as your primary keyword and ~2-5 long tail keywords with very low competition, which would be similar to your primary domain.

(If you don't understand, what I wrote and you have no idea, what is SEOT or competition, watch videos in my provided link or find your own SEO learning materials )

2. Make a good list for Sick:

-Easy way: merge all packets, which are included in the sick ''packets of the month'' plus best free packets from this forum. remove profiles, which have lower pagerank than PR1 + remove duplicates. After this, run a test sick submission (don't put your url in this step, use any kind of fake website link) and remove all failed links. You will have ~500 good quality links packet.

Better way: Harvest your own forum profiles with the instructions provided 1buckplr (Packet Making Tips - Sick Submitter Support), remove domains, which have lower pagerank than PR1, run test submission with sick, remove profiles, which failed, or profiles are not visible. If you want to contribute, join my thread: Let's make a good sick packet - need help with testing harvested urls - Sick Submitter Support

3. Optimize accounts profiles in Sick:

1) Use as real profile information, as possible, for example, if you are using Sweden as a country, type in ''sweden address'' Google and copy a real location address plus telephone number with a correct international dialing code.

2) Register email account with the name, which will be used in the forum profiles, for example if you your profile name (without spinnable characters) is jameswatson, register jameswatson24@youremailprovider.com). If you are preparing for a big blast (more than 1000 profiles), I would recommend to buy .info domain ($0.89 in godaddy) with the name itself (for this example jameswatson24.info) and create a simple landing ''personal page'' with the same details, as you will be using in the profile + change email address frequently (for example every time you submit 500 profiles), such as info@jameswatson24.info , james@jameswatson24.info . It might sound, like a huge job, but in reality, for all this, you will need no more than 30 minutes

3) I recommend to use a VPN instead of proxies, as I achieved better results compared with free or private proxies. My recommendation - Hide My Ass! Pro VPN Tunnel - VPN servers world-wide , as it have servers in various countries and you can change IP easily + use a specific country IP, for example, if you are using Sweden country in your profile information, you can choose Sweden IP address.

3. Run a Sick submission:

1) Use your primary keyword in the anchor test for ~80% of the profiles and your supporting long tail keywords for the remaining 20% profiles.

2) If you have enough time, choose visual mode and enter captchas yourself, without third-party services results will be better.

3) Separate each submission steps, for example, after registration select links with ''captcha fail'' and reenter them + open your email account and transfer all emails from junk folder to the main inbox (especially if you are using hotmail).

4) Register profiles without any links and run submission after 3-4 days, this will lower a risk to get your profile deleted by forum moderation dramatically (without this step almost ~20% of my profiles were deleted the same day).

5) Don't ping the profiles after the submission, I will show you, how to get your profiles indexed without this slow ping procedure

4. Make your new profiles indexed by Google fast (usually within 48h):

1) Make RSS feeds with hostmyrss on sick (you will have to make separate feed for each 100 of links).

2) Submit these feeds with Sick RSS submitter

3) Add these feeds in google ''add url'' tool (Add your URL to Google)

4) Ping these feeds with my tested ping services list (attached ping.txt file)

5) Use scrapebox rapid indexer (or find it's alternative - software, which would replace {website} with your provided urls and ping them) for these feeds (if you have enough time,you might also run this tool will all profiles links, but it is optional) with my attached list.

I hope this guide will help you to get a better results and we will have more threads in ''Sick Success'' section
    Attached Files Attached Files
      ** Only Sick Marketing Customers can download attachments
      If you are a current customer please log in to download. **
    SMF Killer - new player in town...
    Thanks standfast, Summy, momentum, fostin, Boink and 14 others thanked for this post

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Great and thorough info with some very good tips

Keyword research - Thanks for sharing,

Optimise accounts - Good tips very useful change email every 500 etc, these tips should keep you off the stopforumspam list and others (I am on there lots )

VPN - great advice.

Thanks for sharing the extra lists too
    Professional Premium Templates
    Ultimate Template Collection

Expired

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

This is an excellent guide to using Sick as well as basic info on SEO. Much thanks falco!

I really liked these:

> Check spam folders
    Checked now and gmail had filtered out 24 emails out of 350!

> If you are preparing for a big blast (more than 1000 profiles), I would recommend to buy .info domain ($0.89 in godaddy) with the name itself

> I recommend to use a VPN instead of proxies

Great stuff! I'll be doing those!

mikemiller runs:

Sick Submitter

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

wow! This should be sticky.
    - I was looking all over, for a way to convert several urls to a single RSS, Thanks for telling about hostmyrss.
    When u say- "Make RSS feeds with hostmyrss on sick", Is there a way to convert several 'profile url links' into a single RSS on sick?

- Great discount link for scrapebox

-Great tips on keyword research- (I would have saved lot of time/energy if I had known this, currently Im struggling to get my site onto the top 5)

Expired/Coder

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

2mikemiller:

1. Click ''RSS Feed'' in the menu
    2. Press RSS icon in the bottom near the ''RSS Creator'' text
    3. Create account on hostmyrss
    4. Insert your feed title (the best choise would be your primary keyword) and insert first 100 links of your profiles urls (to copy them go to submitter, sellect first 100 successful urls and click copy links)
    5. Repeat the 4 step with remaining links (for example, if you created 300 urls, you will have to repeat this step 2 more times, I recommend to use the same keyword as the feed title and just add number to it's end , example: ''My keyword 2'' , ''My keyword 3'', etc.
    6. Once you do this, all your feeds will be saved to sick and you will be able to submit them - click ''RSS sumbitter and submit them to RSS directories by following all submission steps (you won't be able to submit all feeds at once, you will have to submit your 1 feed - submit it, then select 2 feed - submit it, etc.

Hopes this helps you
    SMF Killer - new player in town...
    Thanks mikemiller thanked for this post

Expired

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Thanks for this falco. I really appreciate the tips here. There is a lot of good information. hostmyrss is a gem :-)

Expired/Coder

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Thank you falco,

this is really a good tutorial. Perfekt!

Just some advices I can add:
    1) keywords:
    There are several other sites where you can look for good keywords as amazon for products, technorati-tags, wordtracker, ebay, etc.
    It just depends on what you like to promote. Be asured: Googles keywords are nice but it's not the holy grail. All numbers shown in the external google keyword tool are just estimated and only in about 70% accurate as they reflect on adwords statistics, which are not available for good long tail keywords (no advertisers).
    So if you find your keyword in the google search with no ads, it's better don't trust the numbers.
    Another bulk way is to search the first 100 sites with your main keyword and extract those keywords. Using the most of them in your content will give you a boost.

2) For keyword research I use Micro Niche Finder . Samurai looks better and has more feautures, but this one does my job good and fast and has all information I need.

3) Profiles: The hint with the info domain is great. Another chance, just cheaper, is to make a lousy personal homepage on a free host with high pr (like vox or myspace), with some family fotos or such stuff. In this you can hide your backlinks (same color not underlined) within some bla bla. So forum admins checking your website won't came to the idea that you just use this as link spam for your money pages.

4) Profile Indexing: Don't use google's or yahoo's "add url". You'll be just added to a waiting list that may perform in 3 or 6 months. So this is just senseless.
    Better: Make your rss feeds as described by falco. Then goto rssmix or other nice services where you can mix feeds and mix them with related feeds of others (eg authority sites of your niche).
    This way your feeds hold real content and it's much more likely that they will be aggregated. Done this, take your new feeds to a shortener service and send them (keeping some time or message between) to identi.ca.
    As soon as they are there, they will be indexed in less then an hour, sometimes in 5 minutes So you don't really have to ping them at all).

Till now Rapid Indexer I have used only for new domains. Falco, are your links working with urls? Have you tested them?
    Thanks gsquared, falco, mikemiller thanked for this post

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Awesome info in this thread, I was looking for something like hidemyass.com. Thanks!

Expired/Coder

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

ATHell thanks for nice advice about identi.ca Talking about scrapebox rapid indexer, I always get ''completed'' then using it with any kind of urls (domains, subdomains, forum profiles links, etc.) and in my opinion, it really speeds up indexing, however it is just my opinion, for example, some people are saying that this method is useless with forum profiles or other longer url's, and they use it only with their domains, but my experience showed that all kind of url's are indexed faster then I use this tool, so it is your decision to use it or not, but I recommend to test it by yourself and don't 100% believe in all discussions on the internet
    Thanks mikemiller thanked for this post

Expired

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)