Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Default Building your own packets

Hi again.... another question....

Is building your own packet list as easy as getting the urls's from scrapebox (explained here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtuzWUt7yYg ), and copying the list to SS?

Am i missing some huge complicated step?

If not, why are peole buying packets?

SickMarketing runs:

Sick Submitter Sick Agent Sick Network Sick Keyword Links Sick Social Locker Sick Link Locker

Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

It is that easy for the templates we supply. We are working on adding more forum templates, and users can also code there own to share, sell or use.

Some users don't have access to scrapebox, others dont have the time, which is why we have a market place.

Sick
    Current Sick Marketing Beta Products:

Twitter: @sickmarketing

Expired/Coder

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Also, just because you scrape a huge list doesn't mean you'll end up with a huge working list. It's as easy as copy/paste to create a packet but then you have to test it, weed out the bad sites...and re-test it. It can take hours to get a good packet out of a list. For some people that time is better spent elsewhere so a $10 payment is more than worth it.
    Thanks SickMarketing thanked for this post

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

OK, thank for the replies. It's my understanding that there are 100's of thousands of forums out there. Once you have a list for them all you have them, and they can be used for any sites you want whenever you want.

I have a pretty big (and growing) list of hugh PR dofollow blog pages. I can understand how people don't want to exchange lists, as each link dilutes the link juice on these pages.

For forum profiles, i can't see that many more members (profiles made using SS) makes much difference....

Hence, why are there lots of little lists on the marketplace?
    Surely someone will make an uber list of 50k+ profiles, and its done...

Expired/Coder

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny Rose View Post
    OK, thank for the replies. It's my understanding that there are 100's of thousands of forums out there. Once you have a list for them all you have them, and they can be used for any sites you want whenever you want.
    This is true, however, of those hundreds of thousands of forums, only a relatively small % will actually work easily with Sick. The others will be down, have hidden profiles, have custom fields or have some other aspect that makes them not just plug and play. That's where the hours of work come in.

For forum profiles, i can't see that many more members (profiles made using SS) makes much difference....

Hence, why are there lots of little lists on the marketplace?
    Surely someone will make an uber list of 50k+ profiles, and its done...
    You're somewhat right about new members not making a difference - for link value. However, an large influx of new members who aren't active can lead to an admin turning off registration, adding bot protection, banning users, making profiles private and other things.

There are lots of little lists because a 50k list would cost about $1000. How many people do you think would buy that vs how many people do you think would spend $10? The time and effort to create a 50k list is approx 100x the effort of creating a 500 list yet you may only sell 2-3 copies. Not worth it.

You'll see, once you actually start creating them, that while creating a packet is easy, creating a GOOD packet is not.

Senior Member/Coder

energy runs:

Sick Submitter

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

50k+ profiles, and its done...
    You think there are only 50K forums out there? Try Millions from a bunch of different platforms.

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Thanks for the help. I've added some extra points. I'm not trying to be difficult, i'm just trying to understand further!

Quote Originally Posted by mandom View Post
    This is true, however, of those hundreds of thousands of forums, only a relatively small % will actually work easily with Sick. The others will be down, have hidden profiles, have custom fields or have some other aspect that makes them not just plug and play. That's where the hours of work come in.
    So wouldn't it just be far quicker to just fire off a huge list and save the ones that work to your file?

I'm assuming its the costs of the captcha's that is the problem?

You're somewhat right about new members not making a difference - for link value. However, an large influx of new members who aren't active can lead to an admin turning off registration, adding bot protection, banning users, making profiles private and other things.
    How many members do we have here using the software?
    I assumed it wasn't that many..

There are lots of little lists because a 50k list would cost about $1000. How many people do you think would buy that vs how many people do you think would spend $10? The time and effort to create a 50k list is approx 100x the effort of creating a 500 list yet you may only sell 2-3 copies. Not worth it.
    OK, i guess its my assumption of how difficult it is to build a list. Once you've run a huge amount through sic, you delete the ones that have failed, and you have a working list.

So, harvest a list of say 200k forums through SB, run them all at a cost for decaptcha of $2 per thousand - so $400. Say only 25% work, then you have a 50k list for $400

The actual work is limited isn't it? Harvesting, and checking is all automated as i understand it.

You'll see, once you actually start creating them, that while creating a packet is easy, creating a GOOD packet is not.
    I guess that's what I'm going to have to learn! My problem is that time is very limited....

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by +energy View Post
    You think there are only 50K forums out there? Try Millions from a bunch of different platforms.
    Sorry, no i meant that once you have say 50k profiles in your personal list, you'll probably think that you have enough for you own needs.

Expired/Coder

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Thanks for the help. I've added some extra points. I'm not trying to be difficult, i'm just trying to understand further!

So wouldn't it just be far quicker to just fire off a huge list and save the ones that work to your file?
    Yes, but you sick has limitations on how many forums it can really handle well in a single packet and just saving the ones that work the first time means you'll be dumping a lot of ones that could work with a quick tweak or on a lower setting, etc. Sure, if you want to just do it quickly you can run them and delete the fails without looking further - but you'll need a LOT of forums to get any kind of quantity and you'll lose a lot of quality.

I'm assuming its the costs of the captcha's that is the problem?
    Not really. Because not all sites use captcha, not all people use captcha, etc. Just keep in mind that captcha services are notoriously bad so just because you're using them doesn't mean they're doing them right so a lot of the fails you get *might* be successes if the captchas are handled differently.

How many members do we have here using the software?
    I assumed it wasn't that many..
    I don't know but I'd imagine it's more than you think.

OK, i guess its my assumption of how difficult it is to build a list. Once you've run a huge amount through sic, you delete the ones that have failed, and you have a working list.

So, harvest a list of say 200k forums through SB, run them all at a cost for decaptcha of $2 per thousand - so $400. Say only 25% work, then you have a 50k list for $400

The actual work is limited isn't it? Harvesting, and checking is all automated as i understand it.
    This is true if you're going to just trash any fails. However, I prefer to spend the extra time to find out if I can tweak the code to get a higher success rate.

I guess that's what I'm going to have to learn! My problem is that time is very limited....
    If your time is limited then just do it the way you outlined above. What it really comes down to is this: It doesn't matter how you create packets. It doesn't matter how I create packets. What matters is that you do what works for you and I do what works for me. I'd recommend you actually spend some time building packets so you understand what the process is really like and then you may have a different perspective - or not. Until then it's all theory and basically useless speculation. The benefit of this software is that you CAN do your own packets if you want so you don't have to purchase packets if you don't want to - but for those who value their time more than $10 the packets are there and are a very good deal.

Keep in mind your ability to process also depends on your computer. Personally I'm working on a netbook so my power is limited. The biggest list I've ever run was 2k forums on 8 threads. It took 5 hours and I got about a 20% success rate. I had to re-run the fails several times before I improved that significantly. Those with stronger computers and faster connections will likely have better results.

Expired/Coder

Reputation Points
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged in
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)

Sorry, no i meant that once you have say 50k profiles in your personal list, you'll probably think that you have enough for you own needs.
    Not really. Forums are always being added and removed and changed, etc. Your 50k forums will dwindle to nothing eventually so it's important to constantly keep scraping and building new packets.